The masthead of my magazine is “LSC Student Magazine” in a
solid yellow colour the reason why I called it this is because I wanted to make
it clear on what it would have inside this magazine and I did not want to
complicate things. I then came up with many cover lines such as: how to write a
CV, top grades at LSC, 10 ways to success etc. The pull quote for this magazine
was “education has changed my life.”
This headline was the biggest out of all of them which indicates that
this is the main issue in the magazine. Also it could probably relate to other
students as well. Large letters capture the reader’s attention but it does not
give too much information away.
The main colours used in this magazine are black, yellow,
white and green this is because I wanted to make it stand out and appeal to
both genders males and females; I also went for the more natural look. The
typography is also in yellow and green which contrasts with the background and
is clear and visible for the audience to read.
Moreover my contents page follows the typical conventions as
it contains images, list of contents which shows page numbers of each topic. The
colour scheme is again neutral, the use of yellow, green and cream this
reflects the colour scheme from the rest of the magazine.
Furthermore I have used three different images as it will
give the audience a slight idea on what to expect in the magazine and does not
include images that does not relate to college. Also I have included captions
underneath my images so it evidently shows what the pictures show. On my
contents page I have made the important information stand out than the rest for
example the reviews, competition. This is a good technique as it will hook the
readers to read more inside and find out more. Lastly I did not want to add too
much detail on the contents page as it would bore the audience straight away
and it would be unnecessary to add too much detail.
The feedback I received overall for my student magazine was
“Your front cover is quite professional as there is an appropriate photo and
also your colour scheme is constant; which also works really well, of green,
yellow and a creamy-peachy colour...this is then continued on the contents page
as the constant and complementary colours are used again, followed by the photos...you
have followed magazine conventions well! However, personally I found that on
your contents page there is a bit too much information and this may bore your
target audience and it must be short and snappy; same thing with the front
page; I think that there should be less cover lines...but overall a successful
piece of work.”- Arilda. The audience feedback helped me as I can improve on my
work next time and I could closely focus on the areas of improvement to get
myself a better grade.
What is here looks good Sharmili, but you have barely been using this blog by the look of it. Please can you upload your pitch, case studies, feedback, masthead designs and so on. Your work is of a good standard but this blog doesn't reflect that...
ReplyDeleteAmy